The Sheil Catholic Center community cooks dinner for Hilda’s Place Transitional Shelter. Our dinners provide much needed nutritional and emotional support to 20 individuals twice a month.
Due to the vulnerable population that is served, we continue to serve in a socially distanced manner. You can cook a meal at home or support a local restaurant. Then simply drop off the meal that you cooked or purchased. If you would like more information, please contact Tim Higgins here or sign up at the button below.
Things to Note
- The residence has moved to Margarita Inn at 1566 Oak Ave. in Evanston.
- You can drop off the food off between 5:30pm and 6:00pm. Please go to the alley side of the building and call 224.422.7969 upon arrival so that the staff may come to pick up the food.
- All meals must be individually packaged. If you need packaging, contact Hilda's Place at 847.424.0945, as they can provide packaging.
- To make an in-kind donation of food, clothing or toiletries, please contact Hilda’s Place directly at 847.424.0945, Ext. 20.
If you choose to support a local restaurant by purchasing the food, the following restaurants have worked with Hilda's Place in the past or you may also choose a new restaurant.
- Comida Cantina - https://www.comidaevanston.com/
- Cross-Rhodes - https://crossrhodesevanston.com/ (they have created a menu here especially for Hilda's Place that meets all COVID-19 requirements)
- The Firehouse Grill - https://www.firehousegrill.net/Hecky's Barbeque - https://www.heckys.com/
- Koi - https://www.koievanston.com/
- Supreme Burrito
- YoFresh Yogurt