The Sheil Catholic Center community cooks and serves dinner at Hilda’s Place Transitional Shelter. Our dinners provide much needed nutritional and emotional support to 20 individuals each Sunday.
During this time of pandemic, we are serving in a socially distant manner. You can cook a meal at home or support a local restaurant. Then simply drop off the meal that you cooked or purchased. If you would like more information, please contact Tim Higgins, firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up at the button below.
If you choose to support a local restaurant by purchasing the food, the following restaurants have worked with Hilda's Place in the past or you may also choose a new restaurant.
- Comida Cantina - https://www.comidaevanston.com/
- Cross-Rhodes - https://crossrhodesevanston.com/ (they have created a menu here especially for Hilda's Place that meets all COVID-19 requirements)
- The Firehouse Grill - https://www.firehousegrill.net/Hecky's Barbeque - https://www.heckys.com/
- Koi - https://www.koievanston.com/
- Supreme Burrito
- YoFresh Yogurt
Other Important Pandemic Updates
- Please note that the residence has recently been moved to Margarita Inn at 1566 Oak Ave. in Evanston because of ventilation and social distancing issues at Hilda's Place.
- You can drop off the food off between 5:30pm and 6:00pm. Please go to the alley side of the building and call 224.422.7969 upon arrival so that the staff may come to pick up the food in a socially-distant manner.
- All meals must be individually packaged. If you need packaging, contact Hilda's Place at 847.424.0945, as they can provide packaging.
- Post pandemic, we will return to having cooks and cook’s helpers prepare the meal from 5:30 to 7pm and servers help serve food at the shelter from 6:30 to 8:00pm. To make an in-kind donation of food, clothing or toiletries, please contact Hilda’s Place directly at 847.424.0945, Ext. 20.